Monday, June 11, 2007

Shawl finished

Knitting news: the peach/apricot Sarah Blanche Shawl from the book Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle is done. Yarn unknown type (could be wool) and size 10 american cn. Finished at 12 last night. Today I p/u the only dropped stitch (amazing since the needle broke 3 times) and blocked it. I wonder if this qualifies as a one skein knit as I still have plenty of yarn left on the cone.
before blocking:
being blocked:
after blocking:

close up of some of the stitches:
Bumpkins in Homer yesterday:


I had to work again today. CPR and AED recert. I didn't to good on the test as I didn't study, super said that I didn't need to and he would go over everything in class. I hate the wording on those Red Cross tests. Oh well i passed and know what I missed. Fred and I did the best teamwork of anyone (even if we did lousy on the test) so we do know our stuff. Visited w/my knitting mentor today, she really liked my shawl. One more Christmas present done.

No comments: