Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 reflections

As the year 2007 comes to an end, I find my myself contemplating what to write. How do I put the last year into mere paragraphs?

Beginning w/the projects finished.
  1. Knitting- I have come a long ways this year. At the beginning of the year I was just starting to learn to knit in the round. Finished the calamari bag, coif, finger puppets, Dumbledore socks, ski hat, elf slippers, Sara Blanche shawl, baby booties, Hufflepuff Scarf, tank top, Sara Blanch Scarf, and 5 drawstring pouches.
  2. Sewing- Hooded bath towel, Princess blanket, Hand pieced and hand sewn doll quilt, Knitting bag, book bag, and spa wrap, doll clothes (robe, 4 diapers, panties, slip, pjs, jacket).
All in all I did accomplish a lot. Even if I have 4 projects on the needles going into the New Year. And some of the sewing projects aren't completely done (think my new machine is broke).


I have met many new friends this last year, by reading and commenting on other people's blogs. Also met people through the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap (that was a lot of fun) and learned a lot through joining Holiday Head Start, "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows" and Elizabeth Zimmermann Almanac KAL's.

I will leave the personal growth/ family changes for my blogiversary.

Happy New Year everyone! And thank you to everyone who reads this and comments. You are all awesome.

Random website: and a true random website this is... random number generator.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Yes heres to a great 2008. I double checked on the virtual vacation for Jan, but apparently they aren't doing it again. It was a lot of fun, but I imagine it was also a lot of work for them.

KaKi said...

Excellent post! You did a great job of summing up your year. I am glad that 2007 brought us together! I look forward to becoming closer in the new year!

Kris said...

Of course we are awesome..and of course, I am more so than others because I have known you much longer and I'm your sister. How cool is that? Well, ok, maybe I am fishing for more presents (bday Feb 1)!!! Luv you.