Sunday, August 3, 2008

Saturday Sky

Saturday night sky 10:00 pm
Bumpkins kept asking why is the sky orange....

This is DM's sock.
Not wanting to knit w/small needles right now.



Knitting: finally cast on something new. Sure I have lots on the needles: the baby sweater, DM's sock, trying to make a granny square out of crochet. But this is something new that called to me using the big ol cone of peach acrylic. Twitterpated purse (free pattern out there on the net). It is just a 9" X12" rectangle. Should satisfy something.......

Quilting: haven't been doing that this week.

Friday at work I somehow tweaked my back and that has disabled me for a time. Getting up out of bed is interesting, somehow roll over and slide out onto my knees then get to cedar chest and hoist myself up. Getting up off of the toilet has me wanting to grab the bars that are in the handicap baths. Absolutely no bending over, reaching is minimal, sitting hurts, laying down gets to me to. Can't stand forever. Bumpkins has been really good through all of this, helping put laundry in the wash and dryer, sliding the laundry basket across the floor. Picking things up for me and not really asking to be picked up and carried. Haven't been blogging because I have been taking Flexiril's and prescription Ibuprofen's and life here is relatively boring.

Well that's all folks.
oh sad part of today was I ran over a squirrel with the mini van. Poor thing, I looked at it through the rear view mirror and its little tail was going up and down. I felt awful!

2 comments:

Fiber Chic said...

Hope your back is better soon!
You sure have amazing skies in Alaska! Ours is just pink, sometimes red...

Lynn said...

Oh you poor thing! Glad Bumpkins is helping you out.
And it still amazes me how bright it is so late at night....